The Boeing Company is seeking Software Engineers insupport of a Flight Electronics Tools Development Team. This position will part of a team of SW Engineers with diverse backgrounds and skill levels. The successful candidate willsupport the full development life cycle. This includes requirements development, design, code, test, integration, formalqualification / certification of software tools that will be used in the development and deployment of electronic systems. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all phases of the Electronic Tools Development software development life cycle; software requirements, design, code, test, integration and qualification / certification in accordance with DO178C/DO330/DO200B. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Requires experience across the software development lifecycle: design, code, integration and test.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design methods, with coding experience in Java.
- Must have experience working in Java, XML technologies.
- Strong skills with Linux/UNIX development and deployment environments.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Proficient with Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design methods, with coding experience in Java. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with HTML5 web applications, web services, cloud deployments, UI development, microservice architecture/design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment is desired.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence) is a plus.
- DO178C/DO330 or Safety Critical Software experience is beneficial, but not required. Typical Education/Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.