The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for Software Engineers (Level 3) to join the dynamic team in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Advanced Ground Systems (AGS) program in Colorado Springs is growing and needs multiple software engineers to develop our nation’s next generation of satellite ground systems. The successful candidate will be developing cutting edge technology in an agile environment with multiple long term projects needing support. We seek candidates who have advanced skills in software development and want to bring their skills to the next level through mentoring and hands-on development which include requirements development, understanding design implementation and writing the code supporting actual satellite operations.
Technology areas these positions will be focused on are:
• Agile development and product line leadership
• Continuous testing and delivery
• Spacecraft modeling and optimization algorithm design and implementation
• Docker container design and implementation
• Data analytics and machine learning
As a member of the AGS team, you will be responsible for key portions of our software development lifecycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s delivered system. More importantly, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our projects. The AGS team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from others and be a mentor to our staff.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and the opportunity for growth and development as an AGS team member, we encourage you to apply.
This position is contingent upon program award.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Additional roles and responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshoots software issues.
- Works under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience capturing and tracking customer requirements
- Prefer active Top Secret Clearance
- A degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering or related technical degree
- Experience with Agile Methodologies for Software Development
- Experience in developing software supporting spacecraft, missiles or aircraft programs
Job ID 1700012522