$100K — $150K *
This position can be remote if you are not located near the NYC or College Park, MD office.
The 3PR engineering team is currently addressing post-MVP scalability and optimization challenges as well as adding new product features as the cybersecurity landscape evolves. This work requires additional development resources that can handle the projected growth and new requirements for a fast paced startup. Our product roadmap requires the engineering team to rapidly implement solutions that increase product scalability and analytic accuracy for our clients.
We are currently in need of a mid-level Software Engineer within Cyber Risk that has experience in the Google Compute Platform environment and its various tools - Composer, Big Query, Big Table, GKE, GCS, GCC, Pub/Sub. The applicant should also have demonstrated proficiency in producing production-quality software in Golang, Java and Python code. Familiarity with Agile development practices and cloud-based DevOps environments is also needed. Experience in other coding languages (SQL, C++, etc.) and other cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure) is desirable.
● At least 5 years of experience in development, test, and operational deployment of production software.
● Knowledge of APIs and the tools needed to both create, secure, and use them
● Proficiency in at least two of the three coding languages.
● Experience with the GCP environment and deploying code in GCP
● Experience with Agile frameworks, secure software design, test-driven development, and modern, container-delivered code deployment in a cloud-based DevOps environment.
● BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field experience.
Ideal candidates will:
● Demonstrate familiarity with cloud-based, big data storage technology for handling structured (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and unstructured (Elastic, Hadoop, etc.) data.
● Have some experience in Internet-scale, streaming data handling (Spark, pub-sub, etc.)
● Understand data mining and analysis techniques used to evaluate, aggregate, score, and extract information from raw observations and reference sources.
● Have knowledge of Internet infrastructure, security technologies, and cybersecurity practices as an attacker/defender.
● Show initiative and ownership in the design and development of new product features while working alone or as part of a small team.
● Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment
● Create systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
● Follow a disciplined development and engineering workflow and suggest improvements
● Be a subject matter expert in one or more of the technologies employed.
● Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes.
BlueVoyant is an expert-driven cybersecurity services company whose mission is to proactively defend organizations of all sizes against today’s constant, sophisticated attackers, and advanced threats.
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Valid through: 4/23/2021