As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and verifying re-usable software components for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of re-usable, safety-critical component development and delivery. Together, our teams deliver the on-board and ground software that monitors and controls fully autonomous spacecraft. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create real-time embedded software to support control and diagnostics of human capable spacecraft for both orbital and sub-orbital programs.
- Define and develop verifiable requirements and software designs.
- Write code to implement designs in C/C++.
- Design and write tests to assure code meets safety critical standards and functions
- Guide development of hardware and software architectures supporting advanced spaceflight systems.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, aerospace, or related field
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrable systems software development experience at the OS and Application software boundary
- Strong software development skills, particularly in C/C++.
- Strong debugging skills at the software/hardware boundary.
- Familiarity with software testing.
- Hands-on experience with high level languages such as Java, C#, or Python.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, gaming systems, control systems, device drivers, or mobile devices
- Experience with safety-critical software development
- Familiarity with sensors and actuators including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors
- Experience designing robust APIs and interfaces.
- Hands on experience with Linux, GNU toolchain, Python, Lua, MATLAB/Simulink, real-time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking, and developing secure systems.