The software engineer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying application specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The application engineer will also analyze and amend application errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Develop software according to given specifications and/or senior-level guidance providing timely and quality software deliverables.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine and resolve application bugs and feature extensions in a timely manger with reliable quality.
- Demonstrate effective reading comprehension reviewing functional and technical specifications and provide revisions to specifications effectively communicating use case and software design concepts.
- Demonstrate effective communication and coordination with Quality Assurance to resolve application bugs in order to release software applications to production.
- Understand and produce innovative software processes and designs beyond basic technical documentation examples
- Demonstrate initiative to expand problem ownership and meet requirements in a timely manner with reliably quality
- Minimum 1-5 years of professional web development in a high-traffic, public-facing web environment
- Understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles and best practices
- Understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.) and Microsoft technologies
- Experience with databases (SQL Server).
- Understanding of source code control techniques (TF, Git, BitBucket, etc.).
- Familiar with Web APIs including SOAP, JSON and XML
- Ability to contribute to a culture of communication, collaboration and innovation.
- Familiarity with the public accounting industry is a plus
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile software development methodologies
- Experience with coding best practices and software design principles