WellSky is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team to build our next generation solutions that help the most vulnerable members of society lead safe, enriching, and meaningful lives. We are on a mission to elevate personal wellbeing through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. Be a part of transforming the healthcare and wellness industry! Our users are Care Givers, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others on the front lines of improving outcomes of care. WellSky engineers touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
A day in the life!
Your day will be:
- You’ll be instrumental in writing, debugging and deploying high-quality software using established coding standards and development best practices
- You’ll be responsible for testing software to ensure quality and alignment to standards and best practices
- Write unit tests, automated tests, and performance tests as needed to ensure quality, supporting general debugging and isolating areas for improvement.
- Review appropriate documentation such as implementation manuals, support manuals/playbooks, performance testing guidelines, etc. as needed to run/support the software.
- Proactively identify and propose new, alternative technology to create scalable implementations and achieve delivery results.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Provide technical guidance and support to a vibrant engineering team
- Improve and scale the existing products and tools to support our growth
Do you have what it takes?
- At least 4+ years of experience designing and implementing high performance distributed systems and solving complex problems in this space.
- Experience with development skills: back-end (i.e. REST API, (Micro)Services, .NET Core, C#, SQL etc.) and front-end (i.e. TypeScript, Angular, React CSS, etc.) design and programming technologies.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik Sense
- Experience with ETL/ELT processes, data pipelines, data lakes, etc.
- Advanced SQL knowledge working with a variety of databases
- Experience working with cloud technologies - AWS or Azure – Containers, Docker and/or Kubernetes, Redshift, Snowflake
- Experience and enjoy working in an Agile environment.
- Source control with Git/Git Hub
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Do you stand above the rest?
- Highly Desirable: Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular.js, React
- Experience with CI / CD methodologies. Creating and maintaining fully automated deployments in Azure Pipelines
- Jira or other ALM tools
- Leveraging Splunk, Sumo, New Relic, CloudWatch for observability and monitoring
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.