Oportun is looking for an experienced and motivated Software Engineer (Back end) to join our Servicing product team. A little but about you… You are a solid back end engineer… someone that other engineers respect for cleanliness of code and someone that product managers love to work with because you understand the roadmap and are always thinking ahead in your design. You are curious, creative and constantly think of new ways to improve what we do so that we can fulfill our mission. A willingness to do whatever it takes to ship a product to market.
The Servicing team develops and maintains the systems that allow our agents in more than 300 stores to provide a streamlined loan payments experience to over a million borrowers. We do this using software built on a robust microservice based platform using a Restful architecture. This allows multiple front-end UIs to seamlessly access shared services to create different loan payment workflow processes. As a Lead member of the Servicing team you will leverage Java, Groovy, and Spring to create new paths for borrowers so they can continually build a positive credit history.
- Responsible for creating and influencing innovative solutions that meet not only functional, but also performance, scalability and reliability requirements.
- Highly motivated self-starter who loves ownership and responsibility while working in a collaborative and interdependent team environment.
- Work with multiple teams of engineers to design, develop, and test major software and systems components using an agile, vertical-slice based methodology.
- Work with QA to ensure product meets high quality standards.
- 5+ years’ experience in core JAVA technologies including; Spring Framework, JMS, Hibernate, and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- 3+ years’ experience with RESTful services and Service Oriented Architecture design patterns using Spring MVC.
- 3+ years’ experience with relational DBs like MySQL
- 3+ years’ experience working within an Agile/Scrum and CI/CD environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development using JUnit/TestNG testing frameworks.
- Experience working with version control using GIT/BitBucket.
- Experience in the design of new systems or redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology.
- Experience with one or more Front-End frameworks will be a strong plus.
- Experience with NoSQL Database like MongoDB will be a plus.
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning is a plus.
- Experience with Groovy is a plus
- Experience with Search technologies like Solr/Lucene
- Experience in financial services
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field