Barnes & Noble is looking for a Windows and .Net Developer to join our team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated to perform development on new and very complex applications. In this role, you will lead requirements gathering and create/ maintain technical documentation.
• Architect, design and develop complex B2B Integrations using C#, .NET Windows Forms, Microsoft SQL Server, including data design and optimization and stored procedures.
• Perform database development using SQL Server (SQL, SSIS, SSRS).
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions. • Participate in architectural review sessions to learn new system architectures.
• Author technical documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with moderate software development skills or comparable experience
• A minimum of 5 years' experience, including working as part of a team environment on systems that have moved to production.
• Knowledge of BizTalk development a plus.
• Must be able to progress from requirements gathering through conceptual design, technical design and solution implementation.
• Application development experience with the following required:
o Windows Server 2012 and later
o C# o Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+
o Visual Studio (2013, 2015)
o Microsoft SQL Server (2012)
o Intranet and ClickOnce Deployment
• Strong experience with the following required:
o XML, XSD, XSLT, XPath, XQuery
o Data translation concepts
o Application debugging
o Application performance analysis
o Source control usage and concepts (Team
Foundation Server a plus)
o Strong communication skills, both written and
o Strong organizational skills, including time
o Ability to take direction and work
independently in a structured environment
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be team-oriented and self-motivated.