Splunk is looking for a Software Engineer to join our mission to secure the core Splunk engine. At Splunk we build software that lets you search, report on, monitor and analyze live-streaming and historical data across the entire IT infrastructure, all from one place, in real-time, and at massive scale. You will have a powerful opportunity to make a major impact on critical and revenue-generating security projects for a multi-billion dollar business.
As a member of our core development team you will build complex backend security services and ensure we deliver high quality secure code from day one. You are proficient in C++ and have either a knowledge of or passion for security.
Your ability to keep up-to-date on new developments in security will reinforce your work with multiple teams to develop appropriate protection mechanisms. You will dive deep into the code and work closely with architects and senior engineers to produce secure, quality features.
In this position:
- You will develop features for authentication, authorization, and data security in a large distributed system.
- You will collaborate closely with PM and other specialists to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You will participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, code reviews, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You will work closely with other software engineers on software design and architecture.
- You will maintain and improve existing code and demonstrate pride of ownership for both your own code and the team's codebase.
- You will potentially lead projects and be a contributor to projects led by others.
- You will help assess and address security vulnerabilities detected by our ongoing Security testing activities
- 2+ years hands-on development experience or CS degree with emphasis on security coursework
- Software engineering proficiency in C++
- Experience in advanced development, especially in distributed systems and large, complex system environments deployed at scale
- Experience building end-to-end products or features for authentication, authorization, and data security
- Experience with Python or Go
- Experience working with security technologies (SSL, TLS, X.509, SAML, OAuth, JWT, AWS KMS, KMIP, PKCS#11, OpenID Connect, etc.)
- Experience with low level cryptographic mechanisms like (AES, GCM, PBKDF2, HMAC, SHA2, etc.)
- Experience building features for both on-premise enterprise security products as well as cloud-based security products
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline, with security emphasis highly preferred.