With over 10M users experiencing Otter.ai, we are making an impact at scale and we are growing fast. Our team is made up of top talent from companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Pinterest, Spotify, and Plaid. We are backed by leading investors that include David Cheriton (Google’s first investor), Tim Draper (Draper Associates), Spectrum Equity, Horizons Ventures, GGV Capital, and Duke University.
About this role
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer, Backend to help lead the development, deployment and management of our web services and related infrastructure to join our engineering team. Members of the engineering team work collaboratively as a group and with colleagues in technology, who are devising new speech recognition solutions, and product management to deploy systems and infrastructure to serve the needs of end-user professionals and enterprise clients across a number of verticals.
Need to Have
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or EE) from a top school, or have substantial production server experience (or equivalent)
- At least 4+ years of experience in developing/architecting large scale systems
- Hands-on coding and development in Python and C++
- Strong proficiency in building business logic with Web Framework such as Django and MySQL
- Experience with platforms such as Nginx, Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, and big data platforms
- Strong ability to write and debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers in design, product management, technology, and engineering to respond to requirements and diagnose problems
Nice to Have
- PhD in Distributed Systems or related fields (including architecture/infrastructure-related)
For Your Success
At Otter, we see your success in three ways - as part our company, as a professional, and personally:
- Company growth: We’re in this together. That’s why we offer a comprehensive stock and equity package to ensure our success is yours. To foster collaboration along the way, we provide access to technology, tools, office set up, and more. We also plan regular in-person gatherings, lunches, and happy hours so we have plenty of opportunities to collaborate and celebrate together.
- Professional growth: To grow professionally, everyone needs support and guidance. We provide the career guidance, workshops and training, and learning and development support.
- Personal growth: It’s important that your growth is supported along the way. Otter.ai offers competitive pay along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care (medical, dental, vision, life, disability), 401k plan, mental health support, paid parental leave, time-off, commuter benefits, and catered lunches.