The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. Our backend software engineering teams collect, process, transform and analyze vast amounts agronomic and geospatial data. We then work with our science organization to understand how our growers can realize the full potential of their farmable land. Our team takes these insights and builds meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to feed our ever growing population. If you are a skilled, creative, collaborative software engineer and leader who wants to have a meaningful impact on the world, we would love to engage with you about a role here at The Climate Corporation.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement REST APIs and data processing pipelines for mobile, web and 3rd party integrations
- Design and implement highly scalable data-intensive processing systems
- Design and implement highly scalable microservice-based services
- Implement efficient algorithms and services for diverse and challenging precision agriculture applications
- Actively participate in the design and code review process across the team.
- Produce high quality code with an emphasis on software craftsmanship.
- Ensure our codebase is continuously deliverable and deployable.
- Build your knowledge and contribute your ideas through interactive product design sessions, hackathons, and on-farm opportunities.
- BS in software related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Software engineering work experience using a functional or object oriented language (Java, Clojure, Scala, etc)
- Experience building scalable backend services (REST APIs, microservices, designing and implementing efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, persistent store)
- Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, engineering diagrams, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence store
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.) (Strong Plus)
- Knowledge of functional programming (Strong Plus)
- Experience with compiled JVM language (Java, Scala, Clojure) (Strong Plus)
- Experience with messaging paradigms and middlewares. (SQS, JMS etc).