We are actively looking for a talented and driven Java Backend Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Los Angeles, CA. This role reports into our VP, Engineering and will play an integral role in designing, building, scaling, and maintaining our multi-cloud platform architecture.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Design, code, test and enhance microservices, and extend the backend architecture as the Mythical platform evolves.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- Write clean, testable code. Participate in code & design reviews.
- Analyze and optimize current applications towards a microservices architecture
- Be a problem solver and self-driven to get the results
- Multiple years of experience developing server applications in Java (Java 8 and higher)
- Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction volume systems
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- A BS or greater in Computer Science, or a related technical field
Highly Preferred, if:
- Experienced writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems
- Experienced with developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Experienced with Spring Boot, Gradle, and Docker
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology