Why join this team:
You will build tools and reports to support educators thus directly impacting over 8 million students! You will be part of a high performing full stack development team that works collaboratively with product owners and QA engineers to solve complex information needs. You will learn and grow in both technical and non-technical skills in a supportive environment.
The impact you’ll have:
- By being a part of our rapidly growing education company, you will impact millions of students by your contributions to our award-winning education software service.
- You will design, develop, and deliver rich applications using Java, Spring, SQL, and related frameworks.
- You will contribute to design and development of new features on our multi-tenant cloud hosted SaaS platform.
- You will apply your skills and grow technically under the guidance of strong mentors as you solve challenging engineering problems.
- You will work closely with engineers and product owners on an agile team to understand requirements and deliver technical solutions.
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS services and data technologies.
- You will write unit and integration tests and conduct code reviews to ensure software quality.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have web application development experience using Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate or other comparable industry-leading open-source frameworks.
- You have experience working with SQL.
- You have sound knowledge of HTTP, REST APIs, Security, and databases.
- You enjoy solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways.
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code and have some experience with JUnit or TestNG
- You are committed to team success.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience working with containers like Docker and AWS cloud services
- Experience with big data processing with Spark or Scala.
- Experience with educational software.