About the company
Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars.
With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital and Azure Capital Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
About the job
Clutch is looking for a Software Engineer, Backend to join our growing team and deliver compelling user-facing products! If you're looking for a high growth team, where you can make a huge impact, keep reading!
What you’ll do
- Create beautiful and fast code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Architect high performing and reusable systems
- Actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Proactively identify tech gaps in our system and taking the initiative to fill them
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Mentoring and educating other developers on the team and accelerating their career growth
All About You
- 4-5+ years of technical experience working in a product-driven environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You have a strong understanding of cloud services (we mainly use AWS)
- You have a strong understanding of distributed systems/micro-services and event-driven architectures
- You have a strong understanding of industry standard database technologies (we use a mixture of SQL, noSQL, and key value stores)
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and are knowledgeable about software architecture across the backend (Node.js, Express, Sequelize)
- You are comfortable working independently and reaching out across organizational boundaries to aid in problem solving
- You are solution-oriented - you identify problems, own them, and fix them!
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
Nice to have
- Experience developing and maintaining a continuous integration system or build and release pipeline
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Experience with mobile development is an advantage
- A burning desire to build an insanely great product and make an impact
Why You’ll Love it here!
- Autonomy - You have the freedom to create your own path
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives!
- Generous Time Off Program
- Learning Budget -- for whatever YOU want to learn
- Health & Dental Benefits