Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and a team culture that gives you the freedom to work from wherever you are.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented Back-end Software Engineer to work closely with other engineers, designers and product owners to develop reliable, performant, secure and scalable systems.
We are also migrating our systems, data warehouse and data pipelines to Google Cloud to take advantage of Google’s cutting edge technologies like BigQuery, Pub/Sub and Dataproc. We’re already leveraging the power of BigQuery and Google’s Data ecosystem in very interesting ways. If this is something that sounds exciting to you then you are the right candidate for us.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
- Work closely with Software and QA Engineers to maintain excellent coverage of automated tests (unit, functional, integration and performance tests)
- Participate in our migration from AWS to GCP
- Develop new Python and Go services to support the migration away from our monolithic PHP application
- Support product initiatives to improve the customer experience by developing, supporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting the PHP application
- Ability to discuss and explain system architecture and component design
- Some experience with PHP or Python is preferred
- Some experience with MySQL or Postgres is preferred
- Some experience building RESTful services/APIs is a preferred
- Experience with Redis or a caching layer is a plus
- Experience with Google PubSub, Cloud SQL, and/or Datastore is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology is a plus
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Remote Friendly Department
- Flexible Working Hours