Software Engineer - Back end
SAN MATEO OR RALEIGH-DURHAM, NCENGINEERINGFULL-TIMEAPPLY FOR THIS JOBSignalFx is looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to design and implement application features and APIs.
SignalFx is built on a highly distributed micro-services based backend that ingests, analyzes and stores billions of time-series metrics and events - all in real time. If you have an interest or passion for monitoring and large scale time-series data processing we would like to hear from you. Our goal is to continually improve the performance and reliability of this system as we evolve it to handle dramatically more data (by orders of magnitude) sent by our rapidly increasing customer base.
- Participate in end-to-end architecture reviews and discussions with the broader team, playing an influential role in overall product design
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Plan, design and develop new features on our ever growing platform
- Experience in NoSQL and/or document-oriented databases
- Experience in Java programming languages
- Experience with RESTful Web services (Jersey, Spring)
- Ability to write high-performance, testable and reusable code
- String computer science fundamental
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field