Job Summary:Responsible for design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-oriented systems and networks, including real-time and event-driven systems, databases and database management systems, application systems in a multi-platform environment. Provides system architectural direction and recommendations. Formulates system scope and objectives, and devises and modifies procedures to solve problems. Prepares detailed specs from which programs will be written. This Position Reports to: Systems Manager
- Serves as a consultant to management in new areas of the system, including enhancements, long-range planning or overall systems architecture.
- Serves as the department spokesperson in areas of new technology.
- Researches and evaluates solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effection solutions for the system design.
- Formulates system scope and objectives.
- Evaluates software and system problems and recommends system improvements, new applications and develops plans to improve service.
- Performs analysis of existing code or design new solutions or may integrate purchased solution.
- Prepares detailed specs from which programs will be written, then develop codes, tests, debugs, and documents those program plans.
- Organizes the development of technical support standards.
- Has expertise in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Conceives, creates, and maintains IT's project plans following defined project methodologies.
- Accountable for the project plan, schedules and project implementation.
- Acts as the project manager.
- May provide assistance or training to lower level staff
- Initiates and develops innovative concepts to solve complex problems with little or no precedent; creates new opportunities to enable the use of new technology.
- Provides conceptual guidance to other senior and high-level technical experts.
- Advanced/expert level technical role.
- Considered to be the authority on selected specialty systems, sought out for broad and in-depth technical knowledge and expertise.
- Has expert knowledge in programming languages, system utilities, database structures.
- Competent to conceive, develop and apply highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts to resolve the most complex software systems problems.
- Displays competency in developing and maintaining complex project plans and in managing work according to defined methodologies.
- Work Experience Typically has 7-10 years of programming/systems analysis experience and 3-5 years of relevant experience with emphasis in applications and systems engineering development, database and middleware technologies.
- Education Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.