About the Team and How You Fit In:
Our Customer is a fintech start up that is building out a payment and banking platform to facilitate B2B payments for domestic and international customers at scale.
As part of the Engineering Team, you’ll be responsible for developing and operating the high throughput, low latency core services offered to our customers, with your individual contributions to the design, development, and operation of our platform.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering and will partner and collaborate with the Engineering and cross departmental teams.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed services.
- Develop integrations to national and international payments networks including the Federal Reserve and SWIFT
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems primarily using Go that are performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Work closely with risk managers and payment operations.
- Operate the platform as part of our on-call rotation.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
What You Need for this Position
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Full stack versatility
- Backend experience with Go highly preferred) and/or expertise with C++, Rust, C# (With Linux and scripting)
- Relational database experience (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Cloud experience with AWS- Strong preference (other cloud platforms maybe evaluated)
- DevOps experience with CI/CD workflows, Docker, SSH (“You build it, you run it”)
- Experience with event sourcing and messaging is helpful but not required (STOMP, Kafka, Rabbit-MQ, Active MQ). CQRS – event sourcing (architectural concept)
- Kubernetes expertise be beneficial.
What's In It for You
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock Options
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA Plans
- Flexible PTO
- Remote 100%
- Home office stipend