Do you thrive in an environment where you work on engaging and challenging projects? Do you want to be a part of a talented team that research and design software? Every year Autodesk hires talented software engineers to join our team and benefit from unlimited access to our technology and industry mentors. If this sounds like you, read on!
· Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for Autodesk computing applications.
· Work in an agile environment collaborating with the application programming interface (API) Platform team to deliver quality software in quick iterations.
· Utilize experience in network architecture to build distributed, highly parallel software systems using programming technologies (Ruby), cloud-based API platforms, and backend systems (APIGEE) in a Unix environment.
· Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performant, and maintainable software.
· Write automation test software for the various modules of the API Platform. Prepare new module design documentation.
· Review and analyze system and application data logs to troubleshoot problems.
· Evaluate third-party tools and software packages to integrate with the API platform.
· Attend and conduct meetings as part of Agile team to co-ordinate software delivery.
· Work closely with product owners, engineers, test engineers to understand requirements and develop code following test-driven design principles.
· Participate in code reviews to ensure new code confirms to highest standards.
· Object-oriented development in Ruby, Python, NodeJS, and Java
· Build cloud-based API platforms or backend systems in a Unix environment
· Build distributed systems that use technologies including Ruby, Apigee, Elasticsearch, Node JS, PostgreSQL, and Zookeeper
· Agile/Scrum, continuous integration and delivery, and modern development practices
· Integrate application performance management systems such as Dynatrace, New Relic, and AppDynamics, and reviewing applications for troubleshooting and performance optimizations
· Develop logging and monitoring platforms including Splunk and ELK stack
· Develop code using RDBMS, NoSQL databases, search/caching systems like Elasticsearch, SaaS platforms such as Salesforce
· Amazon Web Services and/or other public cloud providers such as Heroku
· Utilize GitHub to ensure source code control in a distributed development environment
· Utilize AWS Lambda services to build server-less applications
· Utilize Terraform to build infrastructure as code solutions
· Utilize RSpecs/VCR to implement automated mocked tests for the distributed systems.