Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for code, test, and documentation of computer system hardware and software designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills. The learning process in this position is expected to take a minimum of one (1). Particular emphasis will be placed on schedule, performance, budget, and other skills not normally attained in college. Assignments will be geared towards learning real-time programming techniques for flight simulation applications. This will also include simulation support software. Good interpersonal skills are required in this position as interfacing with fellow group members and other engineering group members is essential to the learning process. The person in this position will be expected to report work status concisely and accurately to the Engineering Manager as requested. Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project "team".
The engineer reports to senior level engineers for assignments and review of the following tasks:
- Review system requirements and assist with initial design.
- Preliminary Design – Collect data, assist with preliminary design and prepare for preliminary design review.
- Detailed Design – Assist with detailed design efforts and prepare for critical design review.
- Code & Test – Assist with coding individual software modules for Aural Cue systems, perform software systems off-line testing.
- HSI – Assist with hardware/software integration on simulator, create and run acceptance test procedures for Aural Cue systems.
- Customer Acceptance – Assist with correction of technical deficiencies of Aural Cue systems and finalize test procedures. On site Acceptance – Assist in completion of final updates to documentation packages, assist with final acceptance of Aural Cue systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B S degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. All communications must be in English.
- Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
- Technical areas of expertise must include: current software development methodologies and tools (C/C++).
- Related skill areas should include: technical writing and presentation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Musical experience will be considered a plus.
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance