What you'll be doing...
At Tableau, we are on a mission to help people see and understand data. We create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. The Augmented Analytics team is looking to advance us on this journey by putting the power of statistical analysis within reach of anyone with a question about their data.
To bring visualization and easy-to-use data analysis tools to our users, our research and development teams work on full data processing cycle: from database's query processing, to data science (AI, machine learning, etc.), UI design, and cloud computing. If you are interested in mastering any of the above, Tableau is definitely the place for you.
We are looking for software engineers that will work on a variety of projects, with a focus on backend, frontend or full stack analytics features.
As a Software Engineer on this team, you'll …
- Advance your understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis, as well as modern AI and machine learning tools and applications.
- Advance your understanding of the internals of database's query processing and federation.
- Leverage and advance our unique statistical engine to develop new automated statistical features in Tableau desktop and server.
- Integrate our data pipeline with available Augmented Analytics models, tools, and applications.
- Solve cutting-edge problems on the leading data visualization solution.
- Leverage and advance our query processing engine to build a data pipeline that enables the development of features and integration with available Augmented Analytics models, tools, and applications.
Who you are…
- Versatile. You have the ability to quickly jump between different technologies.
- Data Enthusiast. You believe in Tableau's mission and are excited to play a part in it.
- Intellectually Curious. You have a passion to continuously expand your areas of expertise, learning new ways to do things and understanding why things are the way they are.
- Passion for statistics. You are interested in statistics and eager to learn more about it. A formal education in statistics is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Passion for data processing. You are interested in how internal databases work and eager to learn more about it. A formal education in database topics is an asset, but not a requirement.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with and learning from others.