We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare, society and even the workplace.
IBM’s Curam Software solution, part of Watson Health business is now looking for talented software engineers ready to take on the challenge of learning new technology and solve problems with direct customer impact to usher in the next era of health services and social programs.
*Base Location flexible, but East Coast preferred for travel weekly to project sites.
As a Software Engineer Associate, you will join a team working with public sector customers to meet business objectives and project implementations while solving complex problems and embracing new standards.
You will learn the technical aspects of the Curam software product in an enterprise environment using Java, J2EE, and other web application technologies and tools.
You will work with clients and systems integration partners at project sites as we push technology forward.
• Develop, code and unit test customizations
• Create functional and technical designs for extensions and configurations including workflow, eligibility rules, User Interface (UI) and batch processing.
• Continuously expand your skills in implementations including mobile application development, reporting and analytics, data migration, web services and application security.
Preferred candidates will have a demonstrated track record of successful communications, analytical, and programming skills (for example: Java, C++, scripting, etc) and design pattern knowledge.
Candidates will be comfortable working through all stages of the software development life cycle from requirements, development, test and deployment in a collaborative team environment while working independently.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- At least 1 yearexperience in an hands-on computer related coding role, such as: developer, application programmer, technical consultant, etc
- Application development/Coding skills in OO (Object Oriented) programming (such as JAVA, JEE/ J2EE, C++)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technologies and capabilities to various levels of stakeholders
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a software application development, programming related role
- Web related technologies and tools (such as XML, WSDL, REST, Eclipse, etc)
- Basic knowledge in UML
- knowledge in relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) and SQL
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Java, J2EE, JEE, Curam, Watson health