Job Description :
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics delivers breakthrough capabilities and landmark aircraft that continually redefine flight. For more than 100 years, Aeronautics has been designing, building, and sustaining the finest military aircraft in the world.
The Integrated Fighter Group is looking for individuals that would thrive in a challenging environment whose charter is to provide state of the art capabilities to two major deployed Warfighters: F-16 and F-22. Both of these aircraft are on the front-line supporting key Air Force initiatives around the world and the measure of success for this work is in increased survivability for the men and women who put their lives at risk for all of us.
Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and test.
There will be opportunities to support software products being integrated in System Labs as well as supporting problem resolution identified during flight test.
Candidate will gain experience in avionics subsystems such as datalinks, stores management, weapon integration, mission computers, pilot vehicle interfaces, etc.
There are opportunities for leveraging skills in low level (infrastructure) software development tightly coupled with hardware development as well as high level application software development.
Candidate must be capable of supporting design and creating software solutions based on limited information on rapidly evolving projects. Must be able to clearly communicate and share design decisions to the team.
This role requires a highly motivated, organized engineer with the desire to take on challenging assignments.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, or otherEngineering or Science related discipline.
- Knowledge in programming software languages such as C, C++, Java, or a related language
- Knowledge with object oriented architectures and design (OOA, OOD, or OOA/D)
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with the development of Real-Time Operating Systems or Usage of Real-Time Systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with Windows or Linux development
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with software AGILE process
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with integrating hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
- Must demonstrate strong decision making and judgment
- Must demonstrate oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic financial and business acumen
- Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)