Job Description : Lockheed Martin needs extraordinary people who are passionate about working on cutting-edge design or technology.
Candidate will design, develop and integrate low-to-medium fidelity models (such as aircraft weapon, sensor, environment and threat models); real-time simulation and/or infrastructure software in support of simulation and system integration labs.
This position offers the opportunity to travel within the United States and internationally.
Labs & Technical Services (L&TS) is a highly innovative organization, responsible for developing and maintaining manned aircraft weapon simulation systems utilized for weapons systems development from concept design through production and delivery.
Within L&TS resides an extensive selection of simulators and software/systems integration test capabilities, including low-cost rapid prototyping concept development systems, full-dome handling qualities simulations, high-fidelity multi-ship, real-time, man-in-the-loop simulation systems, and hardware-in-the-loop mission systems and vehicle systems integration venues.
Our products are used to advance weapon systems development, strengthen pilot familiarization, assess human factors, evaluate aircraft control laws, improve mission study effectiveness, provide test capabilities required for contract verification and provide integration testing and verification capabilities for aircraft systems and software.
This position may require unique program security clearances that will be initiated upon selection and acceptance in filling this position. Final approval of these security clearances is dependent upon the Department of Defense (DoD) and could take an extensive amount of time to be granted.
During this waiting period, the work assignments directly related to this position will be limited. Therefore, auxiliary organization work assignments will be provided.
Must be a US Citizen. This position will require a government security clearance.
Ability to obtain Top Secret and Special Program Access clearances.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or Electrical Engineering or technical related discipline.
- Electrical Engineering must have ability and desire to code aircraft models and Graphical Interfaces 24/7.
- Object-oriented programming experience.
- Understanding of object-oriented software design concepts
- C++ programming experience highly desired
- Experience using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) such as Rhapsody, MS Visual Studio, and Eclipse
- Linux experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with OpenGL or other graphics development libraries
- Knowledge of and experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Knowledge of and experience in using Design Patterns