Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services tosolve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer Associate
Join a team of skilled engineers conducting leading edge research and development for the US Air Force. You will work alongside Ball Aerospace and US Air Force team members working tooptimize the next generation of Air Force systems.
What you'll do:
- Assist in creating an advanced, enterprise software architecture that will serve as a platform for the development and deployment of tools and capabilities that process data from remote sensors
- Develop software to specifications provided by technical leadership
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships within Ball Aerospace and with our customers and teammates in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of common software programming languages such as Java, C++, Python,
- Knowledge of code versioning system such as Git and IDEs like PyCharm or Eclipse
- Knowledge of software development best practices such as unit testing
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc. Experience with (AWS) is preferred.
- Knowledge of web application frameworks such as Django or J2EE, AngularJS, Node.js
- open source software packages
- Must be proficient at software development tasks including coding, debugging, understanding requirements as provided, writing unit tests, maintaining configuration management of individual artifacts produced, and following Agile software development best practices
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance as required
- Familiarity with Agile Software development is desired
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.