McKesson's Relay Pharmacy division has an opportunity for a Software Engineer in our Atlanta, GA North Druid Hills office that will be focused on Cloud application development.
- Participate in new development and Maintenance for a collection of internal applications integrated with operational and financial systems.
- Modernize existing legacy application to the cloud
- Enhance existing C#, SQL Server web applications
- Develops applications that are highly available, scalable, with little to no down time.
- Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares, tests, and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, and identifying enhancements.
- Documents required software and hardware for new solutions including obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Periodically will lead other team members on selected project activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter, willing and able to work on-call rotations.
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Ability to communicate fluently in architecture, business and technical terminology and traverse seamlessly among each as needs and audience dictate
- Innovate to help our clients, product and account management teams solve tough problems
- Support and champion collaboration and best practices within the McKesson technical community
4+ years experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of full cycle software development and information systems experience using Visual Studio 2015 or higher (Team Foundation Server/TFS or Git)
- Language Proficiency:3+ years of Windows Forms and Web development using ASP.NET, C#,HTML, JSON, and XML in a go-to developer role
- Database Proficiency:3+ years of SQL Server 2014/2017
- Cloud experience (Azure, Amazon, Google); Azure is a plus
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Three (3) tier architecture experience, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in submitting work estimates and delivering according to those estimates, in line with current best practices in project management
- Experience with performance tuning and analysis in Microsoft SQL Server
- Agile experience in including a strong understanding of various development methodologies and movement of team activities and processes to ensure their proper use (i.e. Agile Scrum, Kanban).
4-year degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Career Level - P3