AAMVA is a Software as a Service company that builds and hosts several custom applications and services that process 4 to 5 million transactions daily and growing. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled engineers who are:
1. Passionate about building high performance transactional systems that scale horizontally using state of the art patterns and practices
2. Care about using cutting edge tools, technologies and processes that enable production of high quality software.
Must have skills:
- 5+ years of experience in writing software, programs in .Net or JAVA environment.
- Very strong in C# including solid knowledge of .Net features such Exceptions, Memory management, Reflection, and LINQ
- 1+ years of development experience building integration solutions using web services built with WCF, WSDL, SOAP, REST/WebAPI, MVC.
- Knowledge and experience of Entity Framework.
- Must have working experience in .Net 4.5.x/4.6.x and features such TPL and LINQ.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- Broad experienceworking with a wide range of managers, developers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within the team using Agile development process
- Working knowledge of OOD and modern design patterns.
- Exposure to and some working knowledge of concepts and technologies such as microservices, messaging, caching, API gateway, DevOps, cloud experience is desirable
The Software Engineer is responsible for planning, processing and performing all assigned tasks in an efficient manner. The Engineer is also responsible for performing programming tasks pertaining to the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of AAMVA applications. The Software Engineer is also responsible for production support of AAMVA applications.
The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) is an international, not-for-profit organization. AAMVA was founded in 1933 and represents the state, provincial, and territorial officials in the United States and Canada, who administer and enforce motor vehicle laws.
AAMVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V.