Arconic is currently in search of a Software Engineer to join our BCS business. This position will deliver technology solutions supporting business process efficiencies and is located in Norcross, GA.
We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. BCS manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Leverage your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms, and workflow tools to do your best work and share your knowledge with fellow team members.
- Partners with business and IT members to identify business and technology objectives, associated information technology requirements, associated value, and develops the implementation plans to achieve defined goals.
- Collaborate with software engineering team to meet requirements and timelines.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture.
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability.
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API.
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment.
- Be able to write test driven code to help maintain projects.
- Write clean, concise code that conforms to modern best practices such as SOLID principle.
- Work with the software engineering team to restructure outdated systems and update them to current technology stack.
- Bring in new ideas on best practice in developments and help the team advance in the skill.
- Engage with the team to achieve the proper technology stack that can drive the business.
- Complete IT projects on Budget and Schedule with maximum efficiencies.
- Upgrade legacy VB6 applications into C# and use the reusable code approach.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 1 year of Information Technology or Information Services work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Development.
- Clear understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Intermediate experience in Angular 2, 6, 7 and above.
- Experience in a large complex organization.
- Experience in C#, .Net Core frameworks
- Experience in source code version control system such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience with Jira a plus.
- Experience with using Microsoft Azure.
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). Arconic is in compliance with all relevant Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations.