Arcadia.io is building a team to improve and ensure the quality of its products and processes. We are looking for candidates with a strong interest in and/or experience building support tools and creating test frameworks and harnesses, with a passion to improve the quality of software produced by our company.
- Several company holidays, based on federal holiday schedule
- Flexible vacation scheduling
- Petfriendly offices for friendly, wellmannered dogs
- Remote friendly
- Full suite of medical plans including a high deductible
- health plan with company HAS contribution
- Vision and dental plans
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Company paid life and disability benefits
- Gym membership assistance program
Team Specific Details
People presently on this team prefer development on Apple Macbook Pro laptops. We can accomodate Microsoft Windows on Arcadia’s standard-issue PC laptop, as well. Additionally, you are welcome to use any Linux distribution that can comply with our security requirements.
- We are writing on premises software primarily in Ruby. We are making use of the popular and well-known libraries within that ecosystem to build tools, frameworks, and test harnesses.
- Importantly, we’re openminded and consider the right tool for the job based on its merits.
- Other things we are working with include Amazon Web Services, Apache Mesos, Apache NiFi, Docker,
- Atlassian Confluence and JIRA, Github, Appium, Selenium Webdriver and more.
- The software this team writes will be deployed on Microsoft Windows and a variety of Linux distributions, so experience with either or both is valuable.
Travel and homebase expectations
- This position is targeted for the Greater Pittsburgh area. Relocation is expected with reasonable assistance available.
- This position and all positions on this particular team are considered onsite positions but do have a flexibility that allows for working outside the confines of an office as needed or desired, when not specifically needed in the office.
- Applicants are expected to reside within tolerable commute distance of our Pittsburgh office.
You contribute to the implementation and development of tools, frameworks, and test harnesses used to support the development of software products at Arcadia.
You’ll need to be comfortable:
- Working in a team environment
- Independently gathering information and forming a proposed solution to novel problems
- Communicating ideas and teaching concepts to peers
- Learning new concepts and teaching known concepts
We expect familiarity with:
- Objectoriented programming
- Unit, integration, and regression testing
- Test automation concepts
We’d love a candidate with familiarity with any or all of the following:
- Selenium Webdriver
- Pair programming
- “Agile” development
- Working in a HIPAAregulatedenvironment
- The Medical technology industry