This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on product releases of our embedded and data driven software solutions. The position is located in the San Mateo, CA office. Primary responsibilities include core SDK product development as well as providing direct and in-direct customer support of those products.
As member of the software development group –
- Support of new feature implementations and product releases
- issue/bug resolution and sustaining support of existing releases
- Work as a member of the Agile cross-functional development team; release and iteration planning; development of user stories, unit test and feature implementation.
- Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture(s), defects, enhancements and other issues
- Work with and maintain automated build and test framework
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Required – Energetic and a natural innovator
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years’ experience developing software for consumer products and/or embedded environments.
- Experience with Java (for embedded) or C/C++ is required
- Some experience with Ruby or Python a big plus
- Web development in a cloud and/or application environment
- RF technologies: BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee; Wi-Fi a plus
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Web Services and JNA/JNI; HTML 5 a plus.
- Experience with Android and Linux platforms; iOS and Windows 8/10 a plus
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle