The Automation Software Group is seeking an exceptionally talented Software Engineer who will be a key team member supporting and enhancing the software applications for Labcyte’s robotic automation workcells. As a technical contributor, this individual must be comfortable working within a small group of developers and other cross-disciplinary individuals in the design, development and release of end-user application software.
- Member of an interdisciplinary team developing end-user applications and production software applications for Labcyte’s instrument platforms.
- Development of end-user Windows-based software applications using C#.
- Develop software interfaces to third-party devices to integrate into a robotic workcell.
- Maintain existing software applications through bug fixes and enhancements.
- Work with other software team members and software QA to deliver complete and high-quality software products to customers, following agreed-upon schedules and specifications.
- Communicate effectively with marketing, support, and manufacturing to troubleshoot problems.
- Minimum of three years’ experience developing commercial software required. Experience with the complete software development product life cycles from concept, development, product testing and final releaserequired.
- Strong organizational skills to work with cross-functional teams in defining project requirements is expected.
- Strong knowledge of requirements analysis, software design, OOP, software quality engineering, is required.
- Experience with software development on Windows with Windows Forms or WPF.
- Use of source control systems, such as Perforce or Git, is required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Experience writing software using Visual Studio in C#, and a fundamental knowledge of several versions of the .NET Framework.
- Experience writing database-enabled applications.
- Experience with reading and writing XML data.
- Microsoft WCF experience.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering