As a Software Engineer in Test on the Integrations Team specializing on Microservices APM and Distributed Tracing instrumentation, you will be responsible for the quality of all the client libraries, SDKs and agents used by our Microservices APM customers to instrument their applications for tracing.
- End-to-end quality assurance for all the client libraries, SDKs and agents part of the Microservices APM ecosystem.
- Design and implement the automated testing framework, platform and infrastructure that will provide continuous validation of our tracing auto-instrumentation libraries and agents.
- Scope the envelope of the testing matrix across programming languages, VM versions, OSes, frameworks and libraries and define ways to measure our coverage.
- Define and implement automated test cases to increase our coverage of this matrix.
- Be a quality champion and create innovative ways to measure and improve quality.
- Participate in the triage and investigation of customer-reported issues.
- Coding experience in one or more of Java, Python, Ruby and/or Go.
- Deep understanding of Software Testing concepts and principles.
- Hands-on experience in developing test frameworks from scratch (home grown) as well as using OSS testing frameworks.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Travis CI.
- Working knowledge of containers, cloud platforms like AWS, GCE or Azure and orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Mesos is desired, but not required.
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.