Req Num 2824
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 45years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Our commitment to our Employees:
- Have an Impact: Join us and Day 1, play a role in shaping our digital transformation.
- Grow your Career: Our focus us helping you grow the core competencies to shape your technology career
- Work that Matters: We are a roadside business singularly focused on making sure our customers are quickly, safely and efficiently supported in their time of need.
You'll be making a difference at Agero. A big one. We're working with leading vehicle manufacturers and insurace carriers to drive the next generation of vehicle and mobile technology forward. Our mission? To make driving smarter - and safer - for everyone.
Help us create a next generation roadside service platform!
POSITION SUMMARY: Transforms application designs into a working application and performs unit testing. Develops RESTFul API's, Web UI applications used by internal clients and/or external clients. Provides Tier 3 support for applications in production, working closely with Site Reliability Operation Center. Projects may include cross-functional team members from across the business. Completes coding and testing of components or applications, including creation of test situations, unit testing and documenting application modifications.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs or components, tests and analyzes for errors and revises program as needed.
- Consults with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains basic documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Provides individual tasks, effort and dependencies for Technical Project Manager to build into project plan, based on Software Architecture and Technical Specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Provides Tier 3 software issue analysis and resolution
- Maintains effective communication and relationships within project team members.
- Mentors Engineers on best practices and standards.
- May perform code reviews.
Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
3 - 5years of experience in Software Engineering.
1 -- 3Years of Development experience in Python
3 -- 5Years of C# or Java development
3 -- 5Years of RestAPI development
3 -- 5Years of RDBMS development
0 -- 3Years of prior Cloud experience using Pythong, AWS or other Cloud technologies using API Gateway, Lamda, Dynamo, SNS and SQS
Must have a minimum of 5years of experience as a Software Developer programming in a high level object oriented language such as C# or Java.
Experience in some or all of the following Required: C#, Node.JS, Angular, Mongo, CSS3, AWS, GIT/TFS/SVN, IIS, HTML5. Develop in a cloud first environment (using Amazon Web Services or Azure). Must have familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployment, or Continuous Integration or DevOps Working knowledge of RDBMS concepts, NoSQL databases (Mongo or DynamoDB). Must have experience building compelling, easy to use REST APIs. Experience with testing, including unit testing, mocks and test automation.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with management and staff within the organization.