Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
About the Role
We are looking for an engineer to expand our Android applications. A strong background in mobile development isn't as essential as a passion for cutting edge technology, and a focus on building great applications that the Strava community will love. In this role you will also help define our public facing API, as our mobile applications are key consumers of it. Whether you are new to mobile development or an old pro, a specialist or a jack of all trades, we’d love to talk to you about the amazing stuff Strava is planning for mobile. Interested in learning more?
About this position
- Participate in the design and implementation of the next generations of Strava mobile applications
- Help develop Strava's public API
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, and other engineers
Who we're looking for
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Work examples or personal projects that show an aptitude for product sense
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience building and shipping Android apps
- Experience defining web based APIs
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!