Role & Team Description:
Our team is focusing on the full stack of Android framework development work, including innovations with the Motorola hardware and experiences, integration of latest Android release, driven to the industry-leading performances.
This position is based in Chicago.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within quality assurance, time and cost constraints;
• Design/Implement extended functionality on Android platform, especially at the Frameworks level and lower hardware abstraction layer.
• Integrate the latest Android platform, analyze and fast root cause the issues to support on time delivery of new products;
• Tuning the overall Android system performance and Android platform stability using the strong Operation System background in Linux Embedded System, Computer Compiler construction and multi-thread programming.
• Utilize Android, C/C++, Java, Linux, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and Real-Time Embedded System Programming & Design
• Minimum BS degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in software engineering
• Solid Experience with Java/Kotlin/C/C++ or other structured language.
• Experience with git, Linux, Android Studio
• Strong algorithmic, data structure and object oriented programming skills
• Software Architecture and Design Methodologies
• MS in CS, EE, or ECE
• Knowledge of communication systems preferable.
• 3+ years of experience with Android platform development with a major leader in this area (like Qualcomm, Samsung, Google) or a major OEM.
• Real-Time Embedded System Programming
• Good multitasking and communication skills.
• Passionate about innovation, discovery and willing to take risks.