Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
To work on a cross-functional team building software products that help farmers maximize profit and field productivity. In this position, you, along with your teammates, will be responsible for designing and delivering quality, innovative solutions to customer needs.
This is a challenging opportunity to gain experience and expertise in a variety of programming environments. There will be opportunities to participate in training and personal development.
The Right Person Will
- Contribute and thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Commit to bringing their best every day
- Delight in problem-solving no matter the problem
- Be flexible and willing to work in a variety of programming languages
- Give and receive constructive feedback to others
- Work with team members to design, implement and test innovative solutions to customer needs
- Deliver high-quality working code within a sprint boundary
- Demonstrate working features to a wide audience within the company
- Show courage and openness by actively participating in retrospectives and code reviews, focusing on growth of yourself and your team
- Work as needed on applications written in a variety of programming languages
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited academic institution in computer science, software engineering, or otherengineering disciplines
- Strong understanding of C#
- Experience with SQL Server database design and stored procedures
- Experienceworking with a deployment in a cloud environment (e.g. Azure, AWS) preferred
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methods preferred
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Professional C# Experience
SQL Server familiarity
Agile environment background, preferably Scrum
Cloud environment experience
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
We are looking to hire individuals with 3+ years experience in C#, ideally with a background in SQL Server. Some Cloud deployment experience is a plus. If they've never used C# in a professional environment they likely aren't going to get a call.
We want an individual seeking a full-time position with an interest in staying with the company for 4+ years.
If their resume shows a new job every 1-2 years it's a red flag and indicates to us they aren't likely to stay around. Our products have complicated data models and it can take a bit to acclimate someone to the environment and we want to retain that investment and realize its value long term.
The ideal candidate is one who will work to ensure company success. They will want to produce work they're proud of.
If the work history portion of their resume is full of statements that just point out technologies they used at a company or meetings they took part in (e.g. "used angular JS", "wrote app in .NET", "attended daily scrum, retros, planning") they may get a call but it shows the applicant's inability to express what they did that makes them unique or show what they did that they're truly proud of.