$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts, technology and project team to understand business requirements, then drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and technology strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Provide technical guidance to the development team through the full software life cycle.
Design & Build
* Create low level design documents (including code samples/outlines) and detailed engineering specifications based on complex business, user and non-functional (e.g., performance, reliability, balance and controls) requirements.
* Write code, adhering to coding standards, procedures and techniques.
* Maintain integrity of existing program logic according to specifications. Complete project deliverables using the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Actively participate in the code review process to ensure development work adheres to standards and specifications (including peer review and code review external to team).
* Ensure quality of work completed by vendor partners.
* Write and/or revise system design documentation and operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides.
* Create and properly archive all project related documentation.
Test & Execute
* Unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to quality assurance.
* Quickly resolve all unit test issues.
* Assist quality assurance in identifying test cases and creating/mining test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
* Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as developed code/program moves through the testing process and into production.
* Approve code to be put into production.
* Provide implementation/production support as required.
* Work in partnership with the project team and business to fully understand project goals and requirements and use this knowledge to effectively plan and execute the development process.
Asset Stewardship & Troubleshooting
* Improve the health of system assets by identifying enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption.
Process & Technical Guidance
* Guide the development team to consistently apply appropriate development principles and standards during all phases of the development life-cycle.
Maintain Skill Set & Relationships
* Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development technologies and methodologies.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and project teams.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
* 5-7 years of relevant experience.
* 5-7 + years of experience coding in relevant programming languages (specific required languages will vary by position), providing a deep understanding of programming languages and procedures.
* 5 + years of practical experience and proven success with the design and build of complex software applications.
* Demonstrated experience coding and/or designing in multiple environments.
* Proficient in NET, MVC, C#, PL/SQL, WCF.
*Skilled at processing computer data and formatting and generating reports.
*Proven ability to be successful in a multi-sourced, multi-vendor environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills along with logical, analytical, and abstract thinking skills.
*Strong attention to detail, follow-through and time management skills.
* Experience or basic understanding of agile development principles.
*Experience with Git along with a management tool such as Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.
*Experience with Cloud technologies.
* Experience with or knowledge of CI/CD processes and/or tooling.
About Our Company
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance is a division of Ameriprise Financial, a FORTUNE 500® company. Through exclusive partnerships with organizations such as Costco, we are able to offer their clients our personal insurance products. We offer customers across the nation high-quality, cost-effective auto, home and umbrella insurance products.
Valid Through: 2019-11-14