As a Software Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for the software engineering activities supporting highly training systems and sensor simulations that deliver cutting edge simulation environments for autonomous systems
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise to overcome issues and meet delivery
- Be responsible for integrating highly complex Systems and sensor simulations that deliver cutting edge operational environments for autonomous systems.
- The Training Systems immerse operators through the use of simulations of RADAR, LIDAR, Acoustics, and systemic models to provide integrated immersive environments.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the operational systems being simulated and decompose the performance into relevant simulation requirements, architecture, design, and implementation.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
- Work with leading-edge technologies
A week in the life of a Software Engineer:
- Perform software development of the simulation executive, run time environment, and sensor software interfaces.
- Create detailed software specifications and designs following OOA/OOD principles and utilizing UML
- Support the integration of developed and re-used software into the Combat Systems Integrated Product (CSIP).
- Provide detailed software specifications and UML design for proposed solutions
- Manage the software code base and develop software documentation for the system (users manuals, installation instructions, Instructor manuals, etc.)
- Understand and implement software design for distributed simulation using High Level Architecture (HLA) and Data Distribution Servers (DDS) using C++, JAVA or C#
- Perform software development of the simulation executive, overcome issues and meet delivery
- Interface with the customer to understand new requirements for the simulator
- Perform software unit test and system integration
- Manage deficiency reporting and participate with the troubleshooting of technical problems and issues, determine technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to program leadership
- Identify design, reliability and maintenance issues to the Systems Engineer
Required education, skills/abilities and knowledge:
- BS/BA and 8-10 years related experience
- Experience in UNREAL or other similar gaming platforms
- Experience in working in a team environment with product delivery schedules
- Knowledge of advanced principles, theories, and concepts and ability to help to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Works under consultative direction toward long range goals. Assignments are often self-initiated. Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious. What needs to be done is only generally defined. May serve as organizational consultant and spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Deals with all levels of the company and outside contacts.
- Demonstrated software product delivery for numerous pieces of software.
- Capable of synthesizing simulation software solutions using SySML and UML from complex systems
- Experience in real time simulation software development.
- Experience in the integration of real time operating systems with developmental software
- Ability to work in a multi-language (C++ / JAVA) and multi-operating system (Linux/Windows) environments
- Demonstrated experience in utilization of software configuration management, collaboration, and DevOps tools; JIRA, Confluence, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Able to utilize, modify and implement the results of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Have experience with the use of Cameo Systems Modeler or its equivalent for MBSE and UML modeling
- Capable of instructing others in the use of the selected software development tools
- Experience with iterative development, understanding the pros and cons of both waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Will accept technical certification credit for military experience, where possible
Desired clearance level: Active Secret