Job ID: 806589 | Amazon Robotics LLC
Are you inspired by the fusion of software and robotics? Are you a software engineer who dreams of building solutions that combine the latest technology in Robotics, Computer Vision, AWS services to change how millions and millions of customer orders are fulfilled? Answer yes to any of these and you've got to check us out!
Amazon Robotic Application team is seeking Software Engineers who are fascinated by solving real world fulfillment challenges at Amazon scale. You will be one of the leaders of a multi-disciplinary team that combines software engineers, hardware engineers, applied scientists, control engineers, and project managers. Together we design, prototype, build, integrate, test, launch, and operate robotic applications.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are hands on and you lead by example. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach as you learn more. You are deeply interested in pragmatic problem solving as well as taking risks in pioneering brand new areas. You create extendable design and easy to maintain technical solution with the long term vision in mind.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· 3+ years software engineering experience, including Java and/or C/C++
· 3+ years of experience building successful products
· 3+ years of working knowledge of software engineering best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communications
· Master's or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems
· Experience in building Robotic or automation related products.
· Experience in supply chain optimization.
· Experience with mentoring junior software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineer’s best practices within your team
· Hands on experiences in many disparate technologies and emerging platforms
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation