Job ID: 808495 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Do you enjoy working on distributed systems and solving problems of consensus, consistency, durability and availability? Are you interested in building a large scale distributed system that runs on several thousands of nodes and can be resilient in different situations like infrastructure failures, network partitions, etc to provide a seamless customer experience? We are looking for passionate engineers to help us design and build a highly distributed and federated data store to serve the needs of the largest block storage service in the world - AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS). EBS delivers high performance virtualized storage as part of Amazon Web Services.
If you have ever pondered about CAP theorem or consensus algorithms like Paxos, this is a great opportunity to help build a real-world solution implementing these concepts. The ideal candidate would possess analytical, design, problem solving skills and experience in building & operating large scale systems. Your responsibilities will include developing robust solutions to handle problems at scale.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
· Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java.
· Experience working in an agile software development organization
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
· Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems