Job ID: 814299 | Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Are you excited to solve problems at the cutting edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features at the core of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? If so come work for us in EC2 Networking!
EC2 Networking is crucial for Amazon’s long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon, and we are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs. The EC2 Networking team is looking for talented software engineers to help us build new innovative features driving the future of cloud computing, and the tools to help us operate in this space.
We want people who are passionate about writing software for managing large dynamic networks. If you are an engineer with a solid background of delivering innovative solutions, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
· BS in Computer Science or related field and 4+ years industry experience.
· A minimum of 2 years of software development in C or C++
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· An understanding of both network hardware and packet forwarding architecture
· Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with Linux networking stack and TCP/IP networking protocols
· Experience with developer tools and SDKs
· Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
· Passion for great customer experience and quality
· Strong verbal and written communication skills