As a Software Engineer you will work with your manager to lay out and own the architectural vision for a team of highly skilled software engineers in the localization space. In this specific role, you will get to work with the latest AWS technologies in the industry to build next-generation localization and translation solutions to benefit all of Amazon. In partnership with the rest of the International Technology group your team will assist in assuring operation excellence across all of Amazon's localization services. This is a unique opportunity at Amazon with great exposure as all of Amazon will be your customer!
If you like to work hard, have fun, and make a difference, this is the team for you!
• Act as a builder and architect, design, and develop world class, scalable distributed systems and operationalize them.
• Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will be able to serve broader Amazon.
• Help develop long-term technical and business strategies in the machine translation space.
• Recruit, hire, mentor and coach Software Development Engineers.
• Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience.
• Proficiency in Java or C++, and object-oriented design skills.
• Application architecture and design patterns.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
• Graduate degree a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Preferred experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software
• Multilingual (any language other than English)
• Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
• Experience with localization and internationalization development
• Exceptional customer support focus and skills
• Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
• Strong business and technical acumen.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation