Role Summary / Purpose
Alstom has an opening for a Software Engineer, in its Melbourne, FL location.
This position is for a highly motivated, energetic Software Engineer who will develop software applications for our:
- Train control systems (onboard, wayside, rail-edge, and back-office)
- Data acquisition systems
- State of the art data analytics product line.
- This position is for a self-motivated, confident, open source savvy individual. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to execute as an individual developer and an individual contributor in a team.
- The Software Engineer will be experienced in utilizing open source tools and libraries in C/C++. Development of applications for Linux and embedded Linux is a plus.
- Essential Responsibilities :
- Work closely with the Systems Engineer to understand operations and translate them into clear software requirements
- Provide input to software deliverables such as software requirements specifications, software design documents, and professional high quality software executables.
- Work on vital software development platform using necessary vital software development standards
- Own and/or participate in technical reviews
- Successfully communicate schedule updates, risks and provide input to plans to software technical leaders and other stakeholders
- Work with a field support team to diagnose customer issues and quickly resolve issues
- Follow the Quality Management Standards and necessary vital software design standards
- Desired Characteristics:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree
- Software Development Engineering experience in C / C++
- Experience developing open source based software with Linux OS and Eclipse
- Additional beneficial experience:
- Domain knowledge in Railroad Operating Practices and Onboard Systems e.g. FRA Rule 236 (PTC systems)
- Experience in safety / vital product development lifecycle e.g. DO 178B, EN50128 standards
- Experience in requirements management tool of DOORS