Alert Logic is looking for an innovative, curious, self-motivated and meticulous .NET and AWS experienced Software Engineer to join and contribute to an expert team of dedicated developers and security professionals. As a Software Engineer you will primarily be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the Vulnerability Scan system and as well as developing new and innovative solutions for IT security related products in the AWS environment.
We are looking for someone to be both a valuable team contributor and innovator. You will support the growth, capabilities and possibilities of Vulnerability Scanning as well as delivering a high-quality product to our internal and external customers. This includes all security, reliability, scalability, and performance for the engine and multiple client products and services.
- Design and develop Vulnerability Management AWS infrastructure, services and tools
- Design and developing components in our next generation cloud security solution.
- Design, implement, and test efficient and scalable software to be run in a distributed environment.
- Work with the Research, Intelligence, Content, SOC Vulnerability and Customer Services teams to help prepare and protect Alert Logic's customers against emerging threats.
- Work independently and with team to implement solutions for customer requests and issue resolution while ensuring consistency in behavior and performance
- Take responsibility for deployed software components, being on on-call rotation along with other developers for emergency escalations that directly impact users
- Complete and commit solid code to agreed deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of software development experience in C# and .NET including .NET Core
- Experience implementing solutions with AWS virtual environments and Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with SQL database and SQL queries
- Demonstrated distributed systems programming skills building scalable and fault-tolerant services.
- Experience writing integration and unit tests.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Version Control with Git, GitHub
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies
- Experience in a scripting language such as Python
- Experience in Agile software development lifecycle in a structured environment is a plus
- End to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by integrating cloud formation scripts, Jenkins, AWS and CHEF cookbooks and recipes.
- Good understanding of CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- An understanding of current vulnerabilities, response and mitigation techniques used in cyber security
- Some understanding of the configuring and security hardening of multiple security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, WAF, Load Balancers, SIEM
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field