Software Engineer, AI Lab
Software Engineer, AI Lab
DiDi Chuxing is the world?s leading mobiletransportation platform. We offer a diverse range of mobile tech-based mobility options for more than four hundred million users across more than four hundred cities. Our services include premier taxi hailing, private car-hailing, Hitch (social ride-sharing), DiDi Chauffeur, DiDi Bus, DiDi Minibus, DiDi Test Drive, DiDi Car Rental, and DiDi Enterprise Solutions, all delivered through a single mobile app. More than 25 million daily rides were completed on DiDi?s platform as of October 2017, and our numbers continue to grow. Our mission is to become the global leader in smart transportation and automotive technology, the world?s largest operator of vehicle networks and the global leader in smart transportation systems.
DiDi Chuxing has now officially launched DiDi Labs in Mountain View, California. DiDi Labs will be at the forefront of our most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies. Didi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility and flexibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company. We aim to attract top engineers and researchers with the skills and passion to drive a revolutionary transformation of the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. Didi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company
We are currently looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Mountain View office to research, design, and implement cutting-edge machine learning techniques to support and optimize business strategies to improve our business bottom-line.
- Work with researchers and other engineers to establish architectural principles, investigate design approaches, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Develop core backend components of software solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- Develop flexible software with respect to scientific, experimental methods and usage patterns.
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or a related field.
- 2+ years relevant experience building large-scale server applications.
- Solid skills in programming languages such as Python/Scala, Java, C++ and open-source distributed technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Strong familiarity with data structures, algorithm, and system design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis.
- Strong familiarity withdatabases (e.g. MySQL) and container (e.g. Docker) technologies.
- Master?s degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or a related field.
- Exposure to industry or academic research.
- Strong familiarity with common machine learning algorithms and tools, such as OpenAI Baselines, TensorFlow, Caffe, Scikit-learn, Spark MLlib or others.