At Liberty Mutual, technology isn’t just a part of our business, it’s what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. By fully embracing agile principles within a Fortune 100 company, our team members enjoy startup-style ownership of their aligned products with the resources, opportunities, and impact of a global company.
The Distribution Technology Book Transfer team, part of Global Retail Markets (GRM) organization, is looking for a Software Engineer to bring their passion and skill for software, architecture, and engineering practices to develop customer-centric products from idea to production with an empowered agile team.
This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the independent agent channel. Specifically, this team builds and supports internal-facing applications that provide a suite of capabilities which enable “book transfers” – the ability for independent agents to transfer books of business from other insurance carriers to Liberty Mutual / Safeco. Book transfers drive millions of dollars in new business growth each year and are a critical part of our current and future success.
Why should you join our team?
- We are focused on leveraging modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership
- We deploy to production frequently and enjoy iterating on rapid user feedback
- Our market segment is continuing to expand which drives demand for more features
- We work as ONE team with adjacent squads and business partners
- We continually strive to improve both our technical capabilities and culture to be the BEST place to work
- You will have many opportunities to help shape the future of our team’s capabilities and technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working on agile teams/squads
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Consistent initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-changing circumstances
- Proficient in the following technologies/languages:
- Familiar in the following: MSSQL, MySQL,Bamboo, MongoDB, Cloud Foundry
- Understandingof software engineering best practices (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing)
- Knowledge of design patterns and architecture principles
- Familiar with security and data privacy policies, especially related to AWS
- Understands how to interpret and leverage Agile delivery concepts