SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Do you enjoy solving challenging software problems? Want to contribute to the success of the nation's vital space systems? Aerospace is looking for software engineers interested in applying emerging software technologies to space-related systems. Aerospace's Applied Software Systems Analysis Department (ASTD) team is a leader in applying new software approaches and is looking for your contributions. We welcome software engineers with two to ten years of experience who want to work with modeling tools, various software engineering methods, and cyber security.
- Providing software systems engineering skills and technical support to space and ground systems.
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas that may include resolution of issues in software and computer systems-related technologies. Support may include, but is not limited to software engineering (e.g., prototype development and enhancement), working with various phases of software development (e.g., evaluation of requirements, development, design, processes, analysis), and other related areas.
- Working with computer systems; software engineering and modeling tools; multiple languages (e.g., java, C++); and operating systems (Windows, Linux)- Supporting technology recommendations, risk assessments, trade studies, and analyses
- Providing expertise at technical interchange meetings with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Learning new skills and mentoring others
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent required.
- Two to ten years hands-on experience working with computers and software development processes
- Experience working with computers and software development
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be willing to learn new approaches and mentor others.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have good communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance which is issued by the US Government. US Citizenship requires.