We are looking for a seasoned developer for our most advanced integrations who will play a part in crafting the next generation integrations architecture and also help build the platform that enables a community of in-house developers, customers, and partners to rapidly and securely build, share and monitor integrations. You will get an opportunity to solve hard Engineering problems arising from increased customer adoption of our most widely used and deployed integrations, while also coming up with innovative solutions to a complex set of use cases for enterprises, on-premises and in the cloud. All of this occurs at massive scale – Okta’s growth has been astronomical and scaling these integrations for larger and larger customers is one of our biggest challenges. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements alongside Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable and reliable cloud integration infrastructure components.
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
- 3+ years experience with advanced Java or other strongly typed language
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Understanding and appreciation for TDD
- Experience building integrations with REST, SOAP APIs.
- Experience building a provisioning platform or developing SCIM implementations or other user provisioning API's highly desirable
- Experience or willingness to work with a team of offshore developers is highly desirable
- Experience with a few of Spring, Redis, REST, Maven, EC2, Memcached, MySQL, and Tomcat desirable.
- Experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers highly desirable
- Experience working on low latency, concurrent and mission-critical environments desirable
- Experience with Active Directory or other directory services a plus
- Knowledge of network security, encryption, authentication, and authorization a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field