About the Position:
This is a technical role to qualify features on Juniper Core/Edge Router Family products to delivery high quality Software for customer deploymnet.
The candidature will work closely with product marketing, software and hardware development teams to review design specification, then develop functional test plan for review. This candidature is also responsible to execute test cases, report issues in bug track system, debug issues with development for resolution, and automate test cases, and integrate automated scripts for regression.
Requires M.S. in Computer Engineering or related field and 5-7 years of experience as a test engineer for networking and IP services related products or a BS in CS/EE with 9+ years of experience.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong proficiency in testing in the following areas
1. High Speed Interfaces and Aggregated Ethernet,
2. L2/L3 Forwarding, Firewall, policer, port mirroring, analytics
3. Routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, Multicast, MPLS, RSVP, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS.. etc)
4. Prefer experience in performing platform qualification tests on new products - systems, interfaces and FRUs
5. Automation skill in Python/Perl/Tcl
6. FreeBSD/LINUX/VM environments
7. Test equipment - Ixia or Spirent
8. Outstanding problem solving skills in the diagnosis and resolution of customer issues.
9. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
10. The candidate must be a self-starter, proactive and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently
11.Experience in various test methodologies white box, black box, solution testing is desirable.
- Relocation is/is not available for this position