Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. SW&DT are seeking Lead Software Engineers to become part of the Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) in support of the Missile Defense Agency. The GMD element, composed of the Ground Systems (GS) and Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) components, is a critical part of our nation’s layered Ballistic Missile Defense System providing the U.S. with the capability to engage and intercept long range ballistic missiles during midcourse flight.The successful candidates will be responsible but not limit to the following activities:
- Design, develop, integrate, and maintain GMD Fire Control (GFC) software for the purposes of battle management, operator decision aids, and engagement planning.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, and log file analysis.
- The software development may be performed with Ada/Java/C in a UNIX target environment.
- Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with Ph.D.
- Exceptional team building, leadership, interpersonal, and project planning skill
- Ability to access technology and process improvements and brief recommendations to senior leadership
- Experience designing computer processing systems that monitor and control hardware devices in real time
- Software design and implementation experience with object-oriented programming languages, such as, Ada 95, C++, or Java on a UNIX operating system.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Leadership experience on DoD program
- MDA experience
- GMD experience
- Specifically, experience designing and developing GMD Ground Systems software
- Experience integrating hardware with software
- Solaris development experience
- Ada Experience
Requisition ID: 17023825